Primary 2 recycled junk to make model boats as part of our Transport topic. We made a variety of different types of boat including sailing ships, submarines and even Titanic!
We had so much fun at the Museum of Flight! Look at all the things we got up to!
P7 had a brilliant Eco Week. We weeded our planter, we designed and created an up- cycled piece of clothing. We also made rag bag posters and had a visit from changeworks who helped us reuse unwanted paper by creating a scrap book.
This week P6 worked on friendship and bullying. We completed our assignments which included songs and presentations on the subject. We then looked at what makes a good friend and how we can tackle bullying.
The first Early Intervention session was carried out yesterday. This is a joint initiative between Jack Kane Community Centre (a voluntary organisation) Castleview primary School and CEC Community Learning and Development (Jack Kane Community Centre)
The project aim is to raise awareness of community life and we will be working alongside your child and their classmates. The lessons are being delivered in partnership with your child’s class teacher. Here are yesterday’s highlights.
Highlights for 2.9.14
• Creating Secret agents names for notebooks.
• Creating class contract.
• Exploring the importance of children’s rights and why these are in place.
• Playing fair/ unfair game in relation to children’s rights.
• In small groups exploring children’s rights and the responsibility that children have to the rights.
• Children feeding back what they learnt from today’s session.
• Children’s first home assignment research Friendships and bullying for next week.
Next week’s session will focus upon Friendships and bullying